Complaint Why S1 should never have even been released, and why it's terrible for EDawg.

Is S1 good for Edawg?

• Total voters

Novoidusa

21 July 2017
your imagination
Hi. I'm the 2nd in command of Disassociation, the second largest nation, just so you know that I'm speaking from experience. To the point...
S1 is terribly broken. Vanilla has nothing to do other than play vanilla multiplayer and no-one plays it. Just play singleplayer for a better experience.
Factions is literally broken. There's no kits or anything like it and TNT is disabled, plus actually maintaining a faction is so hard. Hell nobody even plays factions because of this.
Towny is also broken. Once you play for 2-3 days, there's nothing to do other than the usual. I'm basically set forever, and I started the day S1 was released. I got "set forever" 2 days after it was released. The economy isn't even an economy. It can't crash, there's no way for it to crash. There's no reason for politics for this as well. Many thought having towny was a good idea, but in reality it just sort of fell apart. For those that think towny is still fun, play for another 1-2 days and see what you think. It doesn't take long for the effects to set in once you're maxed. Hell I've found 3 gold biomes and haven't even bothered to set a home at 2 of them because.. why? Why do I need money? There's no reason to, I have everything at my base. Only reason would be shulker boxes, and other stuff like that. I don't even need that. What's the point in getting insanely good gear? Great gear is okay but insanely good gear? nah. that's too much grinding for nothing. While I understand what PvE is, PvE gets boring real fast when you're maxed out in 2-3 days. There's no real challenge and it just sucks. Worst part is, there's a new flood of players going into the creative servers again because of this not knowing what to do because all the "cool kids" went to S1 and joined UnitedDepression and Gaville. There's only 2-5 roleplays hosted per day because of S1 when it usually was above that. EDawg was gaining a playerbase, then it killed that playerbase due to boredom. Two survival servers was enough, this is a creative server not a survival server. S1, while a good concept, was poorly executed to the point of where it shouldn't have been executed at all. This is the one exception to the phrase "Something is better than nothing". For this, NOTHING is better than something. I'm just so upset because of this, EDawg is hardly playable anymore. It's a balance between half-survival and half-creative, and that doesn't work out. Creative servers are meant to have the players create things to do, but... there's nothing good. Most roleplays just aren't good anymore, and are from the 2016 era after the wipe that ended the 2014 golden ages. Nobody willing to build because only under 8 people attend roleplays nowadays, so whats the point? There's not even good ideas out there. there's not even things to do other than roleplaying for people who may or may not like them. which is sad.

Arrow_Tsar
Arrow_Tsar
Tier 7

Arrow_Tsar

Verified ✓
22 October 2014
The dark side of the moon
www.google.co.uk
Arrow_Tsar
Arrow_Tsar
Tier 7
To be honest, I never really played survival on EDawg, I have popped onto survival, but I come onto EDawg for creative, I find S1 boring and so I just don't play on it, it's just not for me.

Since I don't roleplay, I've hardly noticed the lack of rps, but yeah, I do agree with some things, two survival servers was enough and that this is a creative server. I personally am a builder and building is what I do best, I think EDawg should've just remained purely creative and to not have gone down the survival route, survival basically killed what EDawg does best; roleplays and creativity. S1/Towny is also buggy as hell, boats would not place, I couldn't sleep in a bed, nothing worked.

To be honest, I never really understood the concept of towny and factions, and I know quite a few people don't like it, but S1 is most likely staying, Doogie won't remove S1 because it is popular among quite a lot of players who have probably set up in S1, but the builders and roleplayers suffer in the creative servers due to a lack of players for RPs and a lack of RPs.

DoogiePC
DoogiePC
Owner

DoogiePC

Verified ✓
Owner
9 January 2015
DoogiePC
DoogiePC
Owner
S1 was released to slowly replace the old s1 which is now s3. We have more plans to improve s1 and make changes. A reset for s1 hasn't been ruled out either as this is only the alpha release. A lot more would be fixed if you actually reported these glitches edawg878.com/support instead of writing a s1 hate thread. Nobody ever reports these things.

Novoidusa

21 July 2017
your imagination
S1 was released to slowly replace the old s1 which is now s3. We have more plans to improve s1 and make changes. A reset for s1 hasn't been ruled out either as this is only the alpha release. A lot more would be fixed if you actually reported these glitches edawg878.com/support instead of writing a s1 hate thread. Nobody ever reports these things.
It hasn't been reported that because TNT is disabled, raids aren't possible in factions? So what if you have plans to improve S1? Edawg is still a creative server and adding major stuff will only add to the effect. You can't have a reset every 2-3 days as well, and a LOT of players would be upset if it had a reset. Why did you even need to replace the old S1? Why do we need three survival servers? We don't, this server is still advertising as a creative server on most sites and there's no mention of survival. Plus, there's not even anything to do on factions. It's the same as vanilla, except extra steps to protect your stuff. If people actually came to the roleplays built with a lot of effort, then we wouldn't be complaining. But the playerbase is split in half, and now stuff like this is happening

Eralious
Eralious
Tier 15

Eralious

Verified ✓
17 June 2016
Earth
Eralious
Eralious
Tier 15
This is for an alpha survival server that not many of the server play on yet. The creative servers where peoples builds are will not be reset.
I think people will get mad if you reset, regardless of which server it is. Survival or Creative, it sucks to put time into it and have it reset. Why redo it if you’ve done it before? Personally, I think it’s too late to reset s1. People have already sunk hours and hours into it. Resetting at the beginning would have been fine, but it’s too late now.

almic
almic
EDawg Premium

almic

Verified ✓
8 September 2019
almic
almic
EDawg Premium
A reset wouldn't be necessary, enable regular wars with TNT and boom problem solved. Now there's a good reason to politics and grinding to survive a war event.

whiteruns
whiteruns
Tier 10

whiteruns

demon
Verified ✓
12 March 2015
Dallas, Texas
whiteruns
whiteruns
Tier 10
Clearly a completely flawless system cannot be created as easily as that, it will take time to get the server to that point and it's clear that Doogie is working towards that. He's made more progress in the development of new and fun things for the players of the server than anyone before him, so if I were all of you I would stop biting the hand that feeds you. Implementing new servers will not affect something else, it allows people who want that game mode to be able to play it, on the server they want to play it on. Why would we NOT have other things added to the server, that's just losing potential players to the competition.

ratfaced
ratfaced
Tier 15

ratfaced

Texas <3
Verified ✓
21 September 2013
HHM Law Offices
noblet.tumblr.com
ratfaced
ratfaced
Tier 15
This is for an alpha survival server that not many of the server play on yet. The creative servers where peoples builds are will not be reset.
i hope i wasn't implying that the entire server would be reset; rather i was talking about S1's reset. i don't go on the server very often, but when i do i usually see a decent amount of people playing survival ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

whiteruns
whiteruns
Tier 10

whiteruns

demon
Verified ✓
12 March 2015
Dallas, Texas
whiteruns
whiteruns
Tier 10
Which is just proof that the survival servers are actually successful, of course the newer ones will have things that aren't fully done yet they're still being developed like he said, it's an ongoing project. And they remain successful WHILE the creative servers are as well, and the roleplaying, I do not blame that on survival, more of a changing era. People don't want to roleplay as much, and that's ok. because there is a lot more to creative than just roleplaying.

Deleware
Deleware
Tier 10

Deleware

Verified ✓
20 June 2015
Deleware
Deleware
Tier 10
Not going to lie, I actually do somewhat agree. The mix of the three worlds in one, makes the economic aspect hard. I personally wanted factions, but towny if you think about it, is the passive-agressive cousin of factions. Doogie, and Lucas (lukeyred), are working very hard on the systems, but I do feel that there's a missing aspect. The economy is very shallow, and something like Slimefun, which I have suggested... various times.. was taken out of the equation. There's many plugins which would introduce aspects to improve s1.

As for doogie, there's good criticism in this. If you think hard enough, some things like the glitch with the flowers, was the economy. That's what made these towns grow. The economy crashed when that changed, and with the three worlds pulling massive resources from the MV? host, redstone makes massive lag, and it just doesn't work to have three survivals in one.

As for OP.
The economy had a crash. Dye prices dropped drastically. Once that happened, major groups lost out big time.

my thoughts.