How to do color in Book and Quill

9 February 2014
a mailbox :3
How to write color in Book and Quill (for those who don't know)
Codes:

§1 Dark Blue
§2 Bright Green
§3 Teal
§4 Dark Red (be mindful these won't work on signs or chat)
§5 Magenta
§6 Orange
§7 Light Grey
§8 Dark Grey
§9 Light Blue
§b Aqua
§c Hot Red
§e Light Yellow
§a Bright Green
§d Pink
-----------------------------------------
§k Random Stuff
§l Bold
§n Underlined
§m Line Through It
-----------------------------------------
Do this all in a word document/notebook or something.

Click ALT+6 at the same time, and you should get a symbol that looks like this §. Next, write next to this a number between 0-9, this includes 0 and nine, you can also do a-f.

Copy and paste the things into your book. It won't come up with the symbol, or the thing after it, but what ever you write, will come out COLORFUL. I hope this helped you and your wonders & thoughts. Please like or reply below! :)

-
holleymin13

JOEE

Not Forum Master :)
1 August 2013
For books, you can use the '§' symbol which you jot down the text after and the '&' symbol with the text after for signs. It is also despiting the fact that colored books and stuff are for people with authors' perk... not sure if @EDawg878 should be aware of it lol. It has been around uncommonly for a while now.

Blizz1

7 February 2014
Paradise City
minecraftreview.tk
For books, you can use the '§' symbol which you jot down the text after and the '&' symbol with the text after for signs. It is also despiting the fact that colored books and stuff are for people with authors' perk... not sure if @EDawg878 should be aware of it lol. It has been around uncommonly for a while now.
I knew this forever, lol, I remember when some one found out about it everyone was like wottttt.

CocaCola1

18 July 2013
Earth
Coloured books are from vanilla minecraft, so kinda no use of author perk.

9 February 2014
a mailbox :3
The only reason I put this information up was because most people would spend money on EDawg878 when you could just use this. I don't mean to be impolite or anything- but there's no reason to have Authors Perk if you can just use this. Anyhow, there are more tutorials on Youtube if you'd like to know more. Although if you're looking for a page full with information like a Wiki page or something that would be a bit hard to find. If you have any other questions just PM or mail me. :) Always here to help!

-holleymin13 Hunger Games Lover & Expert

I never actually knew this, I may try it out, but
you can also look up "section symbol" on google-copy it- and to paste into the book press Alt+V and then continue with you color code and write (note; this works on my windows laptop)
Isn't it CTRL+V for pasting, not ALT+V? Maybe your model PC is different to most. Anyways, interesting!