Forge Modded server + Bungeecord

Spatulation

20 June 2015
Gamertag
ViewlessKres
Forge Modded servers are publicly dying.
Communities like Technic launcher, are so limited with modded servers.
With BungeeCord, and Forge servers we could bring players to Edawg.
Mods like Web displays, Tiny blocks, and a ton of other mods could help with many aspects of the server. We could use something like C2. We'd bring in people. Server mod packs and things could be created. This opens new possibilities, for creators.
It would be Pre-determined-death-era Edawg, with C2 but It would open a second server for Mods.
The upsides to this are that with more mods that can use blocks, you simply could clone Creative 1. It isn't like plugins, comparing to mods.
With C2, you could do 125x125 plots. I bet more people would love to go on something like that. Mods like DeoCraft and Web displays could bring functional movie theatres or other things like that.
The best part of this is the fact that places like Curse (Twitch) and Technic, like to feature people, and their mod packs. If we create mod packs with this server we could easily be featured on something like Technic. We'd bring in a new demographic of people.
Thank you for reading.​

Last edited:

Aalhond

Builder Extraordinaire
19 June 2014
Team Fycius
twitter.com
Gamertag
Aalhond
"Forge modded servers are dying"
"Let's make a modded server"

You want us to build a server out of an unpopular game?

Making modded servers is a huge risk, because you're dependant on a tiny players pool to draw from. You'll need just the right popular pack, and it needs to remain popular and supported by all modders.

Modded games are more often survival. It expands on the vanilla tech tree so you can keep playing longer without reaching the endgame. Personally I'm a bit sceptical of mods for creative.

22 June 2015
Gamertag
xKUximaTURTLE
PSN ID
xKUxTURTLE
The problem with that idea is, there are many people who don't use mods anyway. The fact that they don't like using them means, they wouldn't suddenly start installing them for this server. I do know some mods would probably help for people rping... but I also believe having a modded server would be a lag-fest. It's a fun idea... but it would probably damage the servers rep more than help it. Not everyone likes to use mods. A lot of people probably have computers that can't handle a bunch of mods. There is a reason those servers are dying. It's because no one cares about modded servers that much anymore. So making this one part of that... would just push it into an early grave.

Spatulation

20 June 2015
Gamertag
ViewlessKres
The problem with that idea is, there are many people who don't use mods anyway. The fact that they don't like using them means, they wouldn't suddenly start installing them for this server. I do know some mods would probably help for people rping... but I also believe having a modded server would be a lag-fest. It's a fun idea... but it would probably damage the servers rep more than help it. Not everyone likes to use mods. A lot of people probably have computers that can't handle a bunch of mods. There is a reason those servers are dying. It's because no one cares about modded servers that much anymore. So making this one part of that... would just push it into an early grave.

Which is somewhat why it could be an advertisement tactic. Bring back modded servers, gain players.

edit: Yeah, it could be laggy. But if you limit it to a certain amount of ram, and limit the mods we'd be able to achieve something cool. + The added benefit of something like Technic launcher, which can auto-add the server + modpack to their launcher vers: of minecraft.