1.7.9 and Server Textures (Tutorial)

Tier 7

Forum Master
Verified ✓
12 June 2013
Tier 7
I've noticed a lot of confusion regarding server textures/server resource packs for Minecraft 1.7.9 on the server recently - specifically, not being able to disable them. Personally, I do not have this issue since I use 1.7.2... but there is a solution.

It's quite simple:

Select a server and click on Edit.

You will arrive at this screen.

As you can see, this screen has changed. The reason for this? In 1.7.9 and perhaps some previous updates, server texture settings are now per-server.

Move your mouse over the Server Resource Packs button and click to your heart's content.

Here are the three settings:

Server resource packs will not be used.

Server resource packs will be used, and downloaded if necessary.

The client will ask you when you connect whether you want the server resource pack or not

And that should be it! Happy resource pack hunting.

Last edited:

Cakenonymous

Glorious Cake
16 July 2013
west coast best coast
I've noticed a lot of confusion regarding server textures/server resource packs for Minecraft 1.7.9 on the server recently - specifically, not being able to disable them. Personally, I do not have this issue since I use 1.7.2... but there is a solution.

It's quite simple:

Select a server and click on Edit.

You will arrive at this screen.

As you can see, this screen has changed. The reason for this? In 1.7.9 and perhaps some previous updates, server texture settings are now per-server.

Move your mouse over the Server Resource Packs button and click to your heart's content.

Here are the three settings:

Server resource packs will not be used.

Server resource packs will be used, and downloaded if necessary.

The client will ask you when you connect whether you want the server resource pack or not.

And that should be it! Happy resource pack hunting.
This is really informative, but most of the people who need this don't use the forums.. if only it was easier to notify them as well. :/

Tier 7

Forum Master
Verified ✓
12 June 2013
Tier 7
This is really informative, but most of the people who need this don't use the forums.. if only it was easier to notify them as well. :/
Well, we could create a bit.ly link that leads to this. That's the only solution I can think of, and I'm not sure how exactly it would play out in practice.

Cakenonymous

Glorious Cake
16 July 2013
west coast best coast
Oh, my goodness. I'm so sorry. I didn't know that helping people weeks before someone else helped them for the exact same problem was banned. Next time, I'll try not to help, so that I can leave you or someone else to help them. Does that sound okay to you, Jym?
If you knew me well enough, you would know that the way I was talking implied that I wasn't being entirely serious.
You seem to enjoy writing paragraphs in retaliation for anything you find offensive, coupled with a huge dose of bitter sarcasm.
I actually feel very immature stretching out this argument, so let's just end it right now, shall we?
#ishouldbealawyer

So, on topic... I'd just like to say to @LOLCaatz that if I found this post before I figured this resource pack stuff on my own, I would've found it really helpful. :D But I'm too much of a gaming addict not to know that already. :( Meh. Good job, this should really be added into the wiki.

Tier 7

Forum Master
Verified ✓
12 June 2013
Tier 7
If you knew me well enough, you would know that the way I was talking implied that I wasn't being entirely serious.
You seem to enjoy writing paragraphs in retaliation for anything you find offensive, coupled with a huge dose of bitter sarcasm.
I actually feel very immature stretching out this argument, so let's just end it right now, shall we?
#ishouldbealawyer

So, on topic... I'd just like to say to @LOLCaatz that if I found this post before I figured this resource pack stuff on my own, I would've found it really helpful. :D But I'm too much of a gaming addict not to know that already. :( Meh. Good job, this should really be added into the wiki.
It would be good to keep the arguments away from this topic. I do not like sifting through an entire page to find something meaningful.

Last edited: