Obvious Server Improvements.

Do you think any of these should be added?

• 1) Builderranks

• 2) Currency

• 3) Plot Chat Improvements

Results are only viewable after voting.
So, I'm going to go on about 3 different key things that should be fixed/added to this server, how, and why. If I tell you what's wrong without a fix, it'd just be complaining, so I'm also giving solutions.

1) Builderranks. Builderranks would help all the dedicated builders playing on the server, currently it seems to just be about roleplayers & people with hundreds of dollars to spend on ranks. I think builderranks should be tweaked from PN, like keeping the rank 1 25x25 exterior building rule, but requiring some details to succeed past that, and so on through the other ranks, with some balance changes. Just slightly modify the Paradise Network builderrank system, is what I'm saying.

2) Currency. A currency system would be great inspiration to all those building large cities, aswell an aspect of earning things. Simply adding a currency system, even if it means resetting all of the balances from Paradise Network users(Due to insane inflation), would be a welcome addition to the server. I believe you should start with $10k, get $5k per vote, and to remove money from the economy, $25k for /AST for a day & $50k for Worldedit for a day. Also an idea could be like temporary ranks. Let's say you spend $250k on one day of access to Tier 1. Another great way to remove money from the economy.

3) Plot Chat Improvements. To improve this system would greatly benefit everybody who uses chat - especially plot chat, and I have an idea on how to fix it. Global should be as it is now, the chat between all 3 servers. Local should be only your current server - if you're in C3 it's C3 only chat, the other servers can't be seen in local chat. /P Chat should be for plot chat. Socialspy should be modified for staff so that you don't need a staff member on every server.

I believe all three of these would be great improvements over the current state of the server. If any of these changes get made, I'd be really happy about it.
Please, reply to this and give me your ideas, maybe they can be added for server improvements. Also if you think any if my ideas have errors that could be improved, reply and tell me that aswell. These are just concepts - ideas, not entirely perfect for production. Any ideas you have would be great to see!

Last edited:

Arrow_Tsar

22 October 2014
An unknown land
www.google.co.uk
Builder ranks: could lead to discrimination, some may find it hard to level up (100+ hours of Grian later and you're still on, level 1), although I am a dedicated builder, I spend all my time building, I very rarely roleplay, so I would like to get some reward from building, but I just don't see this happening.
Currency: eerh, I don't think it's a good idea, what would we do with the currency? A day's access to tier 1 seems pointless, and buying w/e? Bullcrap.
Plot chat improvements: Would be useful, I don't really like chat being all different servers, I'd like it like the old EDawg (the pre-Doogie days) where you can only see the chat of the server you're in.

Builder ranks: could lead to discrimination, some may find it hard to level up (100+ hours of Grian later and you're still on, level 1), although I am a dedicated builder, I spend all my time building, I very rarely roleplay, so I would like to get some reward from building, but I just don't see this happening.
Currency: eerh, I don't think it's a good idea, what would we do with the currency? A day's access to tier 1 seems pointless, and buying w/e? Bullcrap.
Plot chat improvements: Would be useful, I don't really like chat being all different servers, I'd like it like the old EDawg (the pre-Doogie days) where you can only see the chat of the server you're in.
Builderranks would be useful for those without enough money to get a rank, also one with a high builderrank would get more respect then just some random member who claims to be a good builder. I believe these ranks should be minor, such as tier 1 giving you an extra home you can set, tier 2 giving you something else really minor, and so on. Builderranks aren't for everybody, you're not wrong, but for those who don't have alot of money, it'll be a great way to get ranks.

For currency what I mean by worldedit was to add an alternative to WorldEdit. Not forcing one to buy WorldEdit, but an alternative to voting for those who don't want to vote. Also those ideas for removing money from the economy are simply just ideas for preventing inflation - they're not set in stone, those are the most unrefined ideas I had. The main point of currency is so you can sell things you build, take it if you build a giant mansion that takes you hours to build, but you already have a house. What would you prefer to do, sell the mansion for some money or give it away for free to somebody or an armor stand?

For plot chat improvements I'm glad you agree with me on this one, the system I came up with should fix your problem, atleast to an extent.

loonamas

4 July 2015
the rupocalypse
builder ranks: nah man we have building contests for that. if u win u get store credits so u can buy ur own rank. builders do get recognition.
currency: voting is basically currency. u use it to get /ast, w/e, /p clear and extra plots. we dont need another one.
plot chat improvements: very unnecessary. we had /p chat for a small amount of time but everyone complained so we went back to /global. I dont think dodgypc would be happy if we wanted to go back to /p chat yet again lol. but I really want /global view to be fixed cos it keeps on randomly resetting for me

12 March 2015
Houston, Texas
For where the server currently is, we need donations, so this is most likely not going to be added. The only free perks that will be given for a while will be from contests most likely.
If you added economy, you could "pay" someone to build something for you and they can get perm. w/e or other perks etc with that money.

colepillow

basic.
5 June 2015
Builder ranks - I'm personally not a fan of this idea. I believe that people would try to show off on the players who might not be as great of builders. For instance, I love EDawg and I play a lot. However, I'm not the best builder. So, it sounds like "Hey, if you can build, heres a rank!" But there doesn't seem to be anything for the players who might not be able to build as well.

Currency - Not a bad idea! I think adding a currency system would allow players, such as @CheifJumbo, to expand their vision for their plot(s). It would also add a way for players to purchase items in-game when they might not be able to afford items in the shop. We would have to come up with items to sell, but I'm sure we could come up with something. It needs some work, but overall I believe this would fit well :)

Plot chat - I believe that everything is fine as it is. I'm not 100% sure if staff are able to see all three servers local chat. If not, that should be added.

Anyways, thank you for your suggestions :)!

12 October 2015
California, USA
Gamertag
gleeshsky
The server is fine how it is right now. Honestly, the only thing that needs to be "improved" here is the noticeable bugs that occur on the server, but that's about it. Also more w/e commands should be accessible.

Builder ranks - I'm personally not a fan of this idea. I believe that people would try to show off on the players who might not be as great of builders. For instance, I love EDawg and I play a lot. However, I'm not the best builder. So, it sounds like "Hey, if you can build, heres a rank!" But there doesn't seem to be anything for the players who might not be able to build as well.

Currency - Not a bad idea! I think adding a currency system would allow players, such as @CheifJumbo, to expand their vision for their plot(s). It would also add a way for players to purchase items in-game when they might not be able to afford items in the shop. We would have to come up with items to sell, but I'm sure we could come up with something. It needs some work, but overall I believe this would fit well :)

Plot chat - I believe that everything is fine as it is. I'm not 100% sure if staff are able to see all three servers local chat. If not, that should be added.

Anyways, thank you for your suggestions :)!
Builderranks are for an alternative to those without money so that they can get minor ranks for building, not as a way to get regular ranks for free. [B1] as a rank for instance would give an extra home to set and nothing else really. It's all minor things.

Currency is something I really want added, not alot of creative servers use this but it would be an excellent addition, plot visions & cities is the entire reason why I want this added aswell, from our server we had Cjcroft with Cjcocity, a giant multi-plot city. He had many areas of the city with one specific area on a hillside with many expensive mansions that would take him more then a week to build sometimes, and they would cost more then $200m.

Plot Chat is something I want improved for simplicity. If nothing else make plot chat toggleable with /global instead of having to use two different commands, it's just annoying.

4 September 2015
London
Builderranks are for an alternative to those without money so that they can get minor ranks for building, not as a way to get regular ranks for free. [B1] as a rank for instance would give an extra home to set and nothing else really. It's all minor things.

Currency is something I really want added, not alot of creative servers use this but it would be an excellent addition, plot visions & cities is the entire reason why I want this added aswell, from our server we had Cjcroft with Cjcocity, a giant multi-plot city. He had many areas of the city with one specific area on a hillside with many expensive mansions that would take him more then a week to build sometimes, and they would cost more then $200m.

Plot Chat is something I want improved for simplicity. If nothing else make plot chat toggleable with /global instead of having to use two different commands, it's just annoying.
/global is still around...

4 September 2015
London
Can you not understand context? *Sigh* Let me explain it for you...
To enter plot chat you must type /local. Then to exit plot chat you must type /global.
Why not just make it so that /global can toggle plot chat instead of having two commands?
Or even better, refer to my original idea.
Global is necessary due to it's sub-commands, /globalview and /globalmute, that's why haven't /global or /local on it's own is pointless.

Global is necessary due to it's sub-commands, /globalview and /globalmute, that's why haven't /global or /local on it's own is pointless.
So what you're saying is that /global disables some commands, and /local will allow you to enable them? I get what you are saying, they're programmed to their own special functions regarding /globalview and /globalmute. Too bad /globalview doesn't work properly anyway, atleast not last time I checked, correct me if it's been fixed since. I understand what you're saying though, there needs to be two seperate commands due to the way the other commands are designed. I do believe my original idea would work for these functions, but the toggleable thing would be difficult to program.