/displayname perk

dxni

2 January 2019
big chungus
I was talking with some people and I joked that there should be a perk where you can make your display name rainbow, or have cool color patterns, or have cool symbols like hearts and stuff in it. Then we thought about it and realized, that would actually be a really fun perk! Of course, you would need a rank to buy this perk since you need to be able to use /displayname in the first place.

I thought this might be a really cool concept!

Shawn123p

Soundcloud Rapper
28 October 2013
Uh... Ooh! What's that! *runs*
PSN ID
shawn123p
All I can imagine is how awful chat is gonna look, and how headache inducing staring at a ton of rainbow names will be.
limit it to not more than two colors, and obviously make it something you have to pay for or add it to a high tier like tier 7+ or something so that not everyone has it

Mastergle

Very Disappointed...
Admin
26 March 2014
There are few things that are such an offensive eye sore as custom prefixes and suffixes (not to mention, nothing nearly as abused).

I honestly think it’s best to keep chat as clean as possible, minimal prefixes and stuff to flood it and make it annoying to read.

9 June 2013
Gamertag
DoughnutMaster1
limit it to not more than two colors, and obviously make it something you have to pay for or add it to a high tier like tier 7+ or something so that not everyone has it
definitely agree w this, 2 colours is the best choice and also it should be like one colour followed by the other - as to how hard that is to implement i am not aware, but if anything were to be implemented, that would be the best idea

however, i don't agree w the fact that it should be for say tier 7+ as really why should anyone w a tier have a limited version of /displayname do we really need to limit all perks?

Shawn123p

Soundcloud Rapper
28 October 2013
Uh... Ooh! What's that! *runs*
PSN ID
shawn123p
however, i don't agree w the fact that it should be for say tier 7+ as really why should anyone w a tier have a limited version of /displayname do we really need to limit all perks?
the only reason i suggested this is so that we don't have a rainbow chat, it'd be too much of an eye sore
maybe tier 1-6 gets one color 7-15 gets two?

9 June 2013
Gamertag
DoughnutMaster1
the only reason i suggested this is so that we don't have a rainbow chat, it'd be too much of an eye sore
maybe tier 1-6 gets one color 7-15 gets two?
yeah, i understand where you're coming from, i just think it would be nice for all tiers to have it considering some of us have had tiers w displayname for a number of a years now